The cPanel File Manager is a web-based file manager that has many features similar to other popular desktop file managers, such as Windows Explorer and Mac OS X Finder. You can browse directories, as well as copy, rename, and move files. You can upload and download files, and there are several ways to edit files.
Accessing File Manager:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Scroll to the Files section and click on File Manager.
- This will open the File Manager where you will be shown a hierarchical list of your main folders. It is very similar to the file manager used in Windows.
- When you first use File Manager, you should click on the Settings icon (top right corner) to specify its default settings.
This allows you to select the directory which you want File Manager to open by default.
- Click on Save button.
- The tools you need to manage your files are displayed in the ribbon at the top of the File Manager page.
- These enable you to undertake the following actions:
- Add a new file
- Add a new folder
- Copy a file or folder
- Move a file or folder
- Upload a file or folder
- Delete a file or folder
- Restore a file or folder
- Rename a file or folder
- Edit a file
- Edit HTML
- Change permissions for a file or folder
- Extract compressed files or folders
- Compress files or folder
- If you wish to make any changes to an existing file or folder, you will need to locate it in File Manager and select it, so it is highlighted, like the etc option below.
- Once this is select, you can use the relevant tool to carry out your desired actions.